Monday, October 10, 2011

#97


Kale
From Trader Joe's
Sauted in a tad of olive oil & water w/ salt & pepper to taste.
I wasn't real sure how long to cook it...I steamed it for a bit then the package said to let it cook w/o the lid, so I did. I thought it was okay. I didn't think Jer would like it but I made him try it anyways and he said it was alright. I was pumping him w/ how good it is for you :) (probably before I cook it) Maybe next time I can hide it in a smoothy or something...:) Brynn even had some...she had to before having dessert :)

2 comments:

  1. I love Kale.....cook it with pasta's. If you like spicy then cook with spicy sausage, pasta and kale!!!!!!! MMM!! Do you like onions. I saute it with garlic and onions (first sauteing the garlic and onions then adding the olive oil and (1 minute boiled kale). Joe won't eat it without onions ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. only boil for 1 minute? I cooked mine for SOO long :) WHOOPS! I am a newby I guess :)

    ReplyDelete