Monday, October 10, 2011

#89

Tonight my palate was wanting spaghetti w/ meatballs. So I decided to make my own since every time I have ever bought them (VERY RARE) I have thought they tasted too fatty and basically melt in my mouth (which in my opinion meat SHOULD NOT do that). So Brynn and I were at Trader Joe's and I decided to buy ground turkey. When we got home, I took out my handy dandy recipe finder aka google and searched for baked turkey meatballs and this is the easy recipe I found.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey
1 egg lightly beaten
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp basil
1 1/2 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. garlic powder
cooking spray
foil

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2.) Combine all ingredients in bowl (besides cooking spray & foil) :) Mix well.
3.) Line baking sheet with foil and spray w/ cooking spray
4.) Shape and roll meatballs into about 1 1/2" balls and bake 20-25 minutes or until down in the middle.

Katy's Alterations:
Of Course I NEVER have everything a recipe calls for because I never look at the recipe before deciding to go to the store to make it. So I didn't have all the individual spices so I used an italian seasoning mix instead. I also didn't having garlic powder, but had garlic salt so I used that instead of the garlic powder and reg. salt.

I would def. make these again. It is kinda gross seeing the fat that comes out of them when they cook...however, I guess it's better that way :)

Here they are all ready to go in the oven...the BEST part was the recommendation to cover the pan w/ foil. This made for SUCH easy clean up :)
One little meatball :)
Here they are after about 25 minutes in the oven...see what I mean about a little gross...they tasty delicious though!
Plated w/ the rest of dinner...
Brynn and mommy having a little dinner date cause Daddy wasn't home from work yet...
<3 this girl food in teeth and all!

1 comment:

  1. nice plate brynny :) these do sound yummy -- see you soon xoxox auntie g

    ReplyDelete