Friday, June 10, 2011

#37


FIREPROOF BOX! DID IT! So the motivation to actually go out and do this came from this...
a collection of over a weeks worth of mail and papers that were UNLOADED and LEFT to sit on the counter! This has been driving my bonkers, yet each night I find other things that need to be done more before I get so tired I go to bed!

So tonight on my way home from work (Jer was working late) I decided to stop at The Container Store (L.O.V.E. this store) and get a small wire mail organizer. This then lead me to think about the fire proof box, in which Jerret and I had been just discussing needing the other day. I didn't really want to make another stop, however, as I saw the LINE of traffic in my turn lane, I decided to go straight and go to the office store instead. While at the office store I bought a fireproof file box and hanging files!

When I got home, I straightened up some other things until Brynn went to bed. I couldn't go through ALL the CRAP with Brynn awake because she would just get into it all. But the minute I put her to bed, I went out to the car, and brought in my purchase. From there it was a wonderful feeling of PURGING! I went through all the CRAP on the counter (SOO MUCH TO RECYCLE and SHRED). Then I went through my old "organizer box" for documents I didn't want to get rid of. By the time I was done I had gotten "rid" (put in recycle bin or shred pile) of SOOO Much stuff it was WONDERFUL. I now have an organized fireproof document box AND a clean kitchen COUNTER!!! YEAH! (and I shred pile that is going to be a chore all in itself) I organized the "need to do something with ASAP" mail in a nice wire 3 tiered holder and made a nice place for it right inside the cabinet right above the counter. This way the mail can be organized and not just clutter the counter any longer :)







1 comment: